SONGS



Hi, I'm Kelsey and this is my first post, and since I’m a girl - the odds are stacked highly against me because apparently girls know nothing and evidently our music tastes are “fuckennn gayyyyy”.

I’m not sure if I can prove otherwise, but to be honest: I am too tired to care.

Anyway, I’m here to rant about a four-piece band from Sydney called SONGS.

I saw these dudes last Saturday night supporting Deerhunter, and I’m not gonna lie, these Sydney-siders gave the Atlantic boys a run for their money with an epic set with equally as epic interludes. They sound like the aforementioned Deerhunter/Lotus Plaza with a heavy use of reverb (and the fact that their vocalist sounds way too much like Bradford Cox). That said, Songs' sound is also reminiscent of oldies (but goodies) Pixies.

And you know they're good when VICE has this to say about them:
"Songs are four people who know a lot of stuff and who make music that sounds like they know a lot of stuff."
(I have no idea what that actually means, but VICE are fucking hard to please, so therefore it has to be good)

Their name is cool, however it’s highly inconvenient and confusing. It took me a few good minutes of myspace stalking to find their site (a simple Google search proved to be a headache) .... and here it is:
Songs on MySpace

Plus they’ve split a 7” with The Bats, which I’m pretty sure is available at The Outpost in Brisbane.



xoxo
gossip girl
aka Kelsey aka "that chick with long hair from BATS magazine"

2 comments:

BATS | 22.6.09

gurlz r00l

Big-Jesus-Trash-Can | 23.6.09

They were wonderful at Deerhunter.

Post a Comment